Friday, July 29, 2011

Hammered by Kevin Hearne

This is the third book in this series, which I've enjoyed a lot so far. I like that the first three books, which form a sort of trilogy, were published in successive months. There will be a wait for the next book, but I can handle it.

Hammered follows up on the promises made in the previous two books, Hounded and Hexed, and we get to see Atticus attempt to kick Thor's ass. The book has the same mostly upbeat tone and (sometimes dark) humor that grace the previous ones, but the plot is a bit unfocused. That's partly because it's having to wrap up events from this trilogy while setting up for the next, and partly because of a long section in the middle where the other characters going after Thor relate their stories.

I can't decide what I feel about that section. I can see why Hearne included it, and it was kind of interesting, but I still think it slowed the whole book down right when the action should be kicking into high gear.

Anyway, the book is still a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

B&N link

No comments: